alex höschen

Posted: Wednesday 27 October 2010 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I have been trying to source imagery for my Element brief, and after Joe Gilmore's talk, I remember him talking about finding stock photos on flickr and then asking the photographer for usage.

Since then I have been looking a few places but ended up on flickr looking through tons of skateboarding images. I wanted images that caught the action well, and had a lot of depth. I wanted to look for something that Element would use themselves.

I found some images from the same photographer, Alex Höschen. I love the moody colours that he gets with his shots. They have a realistic, edgy quality to them too.

I selected a few that could work in my promotional material and sent him an email to ask for permission.

Alex was really friendly and sent me the full resolution composites almost straight away.


Hi Adam,

first of all i appreciate your interest in my work. It takes a lot of time to take these photos due to the fact that it depends on the rider and that very short moment to get a good photo, therefore it gives me pleasure if anybody wants to use those pictures.
Do you want me to send you the full resolution, and if yes, whats your mail adress?

Moreover i have to say i'd really enjoy to see how you will use or process them. So i'd be glad if you would send me a link to your portfolio.

Greetings from Germany,
Alex

0 comments: