Deciding on suitable size for magazine

Posted: Thursday 18 November 2010 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

Magazine design requires comfortability for the reader, so the size and format is important and is something I need to consider. Why did I chose the square format initially? well, because I was tired of adhering to the A format so a square format seemed like the logical choice.


I started with a 295mm square format which quickly became a 275mm square format as I found that the spreads would not fit on an A2 sheet, this meant that there would be a lot of paper wastage. Resizing to 275mm means the spreads fit comfortably with crop marks.

I then recorded the measurements of popular design and architecture magazines to look for trends.

Creative Review
245mm x 245mm x 6mm

Blue Print
246mm x 327mm x 5mm

Architectural Review
230mm x 279mm x 5mm

Architect
228mm x 275mm x 6mm

0 comments: