What is already out there? Premier League Programmes

Posted: Thursday 25 November 2010 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

For my premier league brief, I have been thinking about audience and an informed design direction. I don't want to force a certain direction on an audience that may not work for them. So I started to look at what other kinds of reading material there are available at football grounds.


After doing a quick google search I found loads of football programme examples both new and vintage (loving the vintage) and thought it would be sensible to incorporate the look and feel of a math day programme into my report. I don't want to replicate what is already there but I do want my publication to fit in with the scene, so to speak. The glossy magazine type publications don't appeal to me as much but I felt it was necessary to cover them due to them being a part of todays football scene.

I can certainly take type and colour examples from this and work it into my designs. I like the idea of having something around tabloid newspaper size that is rich on content and reasonably cheap on design (perhaps 1 or 2 colour or a foil block)










0 comments: